Our Scientists


Travel for Visiting Scientists

Authorization is Necessary

Online Travel Request Form (for Visiting Scientist Programs’ travelers only)

All UCAR scientific/business travel must be pre-authorized. Travel that is not authorized cannot be reimbursed without an exception to policy through the UCAR President’s Council. Unauthorized travel is not covered by UCAR Travel Insurance.  Even if you are traveling on business that is being reimbursed by another organization, you need to notify our office in advance so we can issue an authorization “for insurance purposes only”. 

Please complete the Online Travel Request Form. This information goes directly to the Visiting Scientist Programs, and you will be contacted within two days regarding your arrangements.

For more info, visit the UCAR travel center.

International Travel

  • All UCAR VSP supported international travel for UCAR supported employee and non-UCAR employees (e.g. Visitors, meeting and workshop participants, etc.) must be arranged through UCAR's contracted travel agency, CAIN Travel, to ensure Fly America Act compliance.


  • Based on guidance from our sponsors, UCAR employees and non-UCAR employees cannot certify their own international travel as Fly America compliant.  Non-compliant travel cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances.


  • Mexico and Canada are international travel and international travel procedures must be applied.

Other items of interest: