The program offers two-year postdoctoral fellowships, reviewed annually. Fellows receive a fixed annual salary. UCAR benefits include health and dental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, mandatory participation in a retirement fund (TIAA), and life insurance. A relocation allowance is provided as well as an allowance for scientific travel and other support costs.
- The current salary is a fixed $63,300 in the first year and $64,900 for the second year. Salaries are adjusted annually in October based on UCAR surveys of like institutions.
- Benefits include health and life insurance and participation in UCAR’s retirement plan (TIAA/CREF).
- For detailed information on benefits, see UCAR Benefits.
- Travel expenses to the host institution will be reimbursed according to UCAR relocation guidelines for the postdoctoral fellow and his or her family. A moving allowance of $750 is also provided.
- Postdoctorates receive a $3,000 annual allowance for scientific travel (each year).