NOAA National Water Center
University of Alabama campus, Tuscaloosa
Scientific excellence and innovation driving water prediction and decisions
for a water-resilient nation
Questions/concerns about anything pertaining to your UCAR employment, please contact:
Ellen Martinez * UCAR OWP Workforce Manager * 205-347-1452 * email@example.com
At UCAR, our benefits package works for you!
Retirement Plan (TIAA-CREF)
10% of base salary contributed by UCAR and mandatory 5% contribution by employee. Fully vested at the time of employment. Contributions are on a pre-tax basis.
Paid Time Off Leave (PTO)
- Fewer than 2 years' continuous service = 20 days per year
- 2-8 years' continuous service = 26 days per year
- 8 or more years' continuous service = 32 days per year
Family Sick Leave
Up to ten working days/calendar year to care for immediate family member.
100% tuition and non-waivable fees, proportionate to FTE w/guidelines.
Nine paid holidays are observed every year.
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Travel Accident/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Salary Continuation Pay
- Sick Leave Reserve